Huascarán National Park is situated in the Cordillera Blanca Range, in the Sierra Central of the Peruvian Andes. The park is located most on the Cordillera Blanca, the highest tropical mountain range in the world. It has 27 snow-capped peaks 6,000 m above sea level, of which El Huascarán (6,768 m) is the highest.
The park includes a diversity of geomorphologic features. The deep canyons contain rushing streams formed from one of the 80 glaciers, and there are some 120 glacial lakes ranging in size from 1 million m3 to 10 million m3 of water. Below down are thermal sources used for their therapeutic features
ITINERARY TOUR: TREKKING SANTA CRUZ - LLANGANUCO 4 DAYS / 3 NIGHTS
HUARAZ - CASHAPAMAPA
HIKE TO LAKES - TAULLIPAMPA (4200 msln)
Hike Duration 5-6 hours during the day
HIKE PUNTA UNION – QUEBRADA PARIA (4700 msnm)
Hike Duration 6-7 hours during the day
VAQUERIA – HUARAZ in bus
Arrival in Huaraz
Trekking SANTA CRUZ - LLANGANUCO "HUARAZ" 4 days
(Included National Park of Huascarán)
Trekking SANTA CRUZ - LLANGANUCO DAY 1
HUARAZ – CASHAPAMPA
7:00 a.m. Transfer from Huaraz to Cashapampa. Transfer by private bus, organized in teams and Trek started in the Santa Cruz ravine, during a walk of 3-4 hours. Camping on Llamacorral (3700 M).
Trekking SANTA CRUZ - LLANGANUCO DAY 2
Trek to Lagunas – Taullipampa (4200 msnm)
During this hike lasting 5-6 hours to visit on our way to two extraordinary lakes and Ichiqcocha Jatuncocha calls (large lagoon and small lagoon), where we visit the lookout Alpamayo (snowed most beautiful in the world). Camping on Taullipamampa (4200 M).
Trekking SANTA CRUZ - LLANGANUCO DAY 3
PUNTA UNION – PARIA CREEK (4700 msnm)
This day we will walk approximately 6-7 hours to pass Punta Union of 4760m, which is the highest point of our trek passing this point start to go down, visiting and observing beautiful scenery. The view is very nice of the Taullirajús, Artesonraju, Pucahirca snowy. Overnight camp
Trekking SANTA CRUZ - LLANGANUCO DAY 4
HUARIPAMPA CREEK – VAQUERIA – HUARAZ
Hike to the Huaripampa creek and then climb to Vaquería where the bus will be waiting to return to Huaraz, passing portachuelo (4760 M) and walk down the llanganuco creek, arrived in Huaraz about 18 Hrs
END OF OUR SERVICES
INCLUDED | Trekking SANTA CRUZ - LLANGANUCO 4D/3N
- Transfers In / Out
- Professional bilingual Tour guide.
- Assistant tour guide (for groups of 9 or more people)
- Entrance Fee to Huascaran national park.
- 01 Oxygen Ball
- Horses (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment).
- Horse men
- Tourist Transport Huaraz – Cashapampa, Vaqueria – Huaraz
- First aid kit
- Meals: (03 lunch, 03 dinner, 03 breakfast)
- Cook. (Professional) Vegetarian (vegan) food on request at no extra cost!
YOU NEED | Trekking SANTA CRUZ - LLANGANUCO 4D/3N
- Original passport (and *International Student card (ISIC) if applicable)
- Waterproof Jacket/rain poncho
- Warmjacket, hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended)
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or camel bags.
- Water (only for first 2 hours of trek, then we will provide you with drinking -previously boiled- water).
- Insect repellent
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (headlamps are useful)
- Walking stick (with rubber tip)
- Plasters and bandages
- Extra money
- Bathing suit (for water pool)
- Metal walk sticks US$ 15.00 for the entire trip
- To rent a sleeping bag: US$25 for the entire trip
- Supplement single tent: US$35
- Extra Horse for carry your personal equipment $ 90.00 dollars.
- Hotel in huaraz: according the category that you want, Standard, Economy, First Class, Luxury. Ask us about this service! we have all the confidential rates of each hotel in Huaraz and all Perú.